Friday, January 23, 2009

ya bin doon it ul roooooong

That's what a drunk Scotsman might say to me.

Yesterday I went for a blood lactate test out at Moonee Ponds with a coach who coaches some of the state's (and the one of the country's) most promising runners. The test consisted of four 1600m repetitions @ 4:20; 4:00; 3:40; and 3:20 m/km, with Gregor (abovementioned coach) taking a blood sample to detemine the level of lactic acid in the blood after each repetition. The result basically indicated I'd not done enough anaerobic threshold/lactate threshold work, as indicated by my drop off in the 5K on Tuesday. This only makes for a minor adjustment in my training, moreso in intensity rather than volume (although that's coming) and I'll start to do more of the stuff I was doing post-Boston.

It's really only been December (or perhaps late November) when I really started to plan for the Canberra Marathon, and there's plenty of work to be done.

Estimated kms 11.4 (5 ks of w/u & c/d).

Today - 5 laps of the Newport Lakes inner track (working all relevant hills) + getting there via Blackshaws Rd. Bridge & coming home down down Watt via Blackshaws. A bit of intensity (got up to 161 HR) and the total of the run was 43:13 for 10.46kms, so I'm happy with the hitout.

No comments: